Ended WASH Project Manager
Job Title: WASH Project Manager
Location: Sa'adah Governorate
Duration: 9 Months
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a local non for profit and non-governmental organization that was established in June 2012 to enhance the community participation in service provision, advocate and monitor policies, encourage women and youth participation at local and national levels, and build resilience of societies affected by natural crises or armed conflicts.
Under direct supervision of WASH Program Coordinator, WASH Project Manager will take the lead to manage the WASH and C4D project staff technically and administratively to achieve the goals of the WASH and C4D Response project that will provide sustainable solutions for access to safe drinking water for most vulnerable groups in two districts in Sa'adah governorate. The PM will also be responsible of the quality, efficiency and timely of implementation of project activities with preparation of consolidate technical, qualitative and quantitative reports.
Responsibilities, Tasks & Duties:
- Manage all the project staff and provide the needed support related to the WASH project activities technically, management and effectively
- Monitor the project activities and ensure the smooth implementation timely, effectively and with high quality committed to NFDHR polices and humanitarian standards.
- Prepare project general plans and detailed plans for activities in accordance with the master plan of the project interactively with project staff.
- Provide staff with the project objectives' directions, indicators, requirements and achievement methodologies to reach the project's planned outputs, outcomes and goals in integration with and contribution to other related humanitarian sectors as FSL, H&N sectors.
- Review and approve BOQs, drawings and specifications prepared by project technical staff.
- Prepare reports on regular basis including weekly, monthly, quarterly, midterm and final reports according to NFDHR MEAL policy with indicating the challenges, success stories, progress rates comparing to the project work plan and time schedule.
- Conduct professional analysis of progress reports, and discuss with project team the results of M&E reports, challenges and receives complaints through NFDHR approved complaint mechanism.
- Monitor in coordination with Field Coordinator and M&E Officer the selection criteria of beneficiaries, activities and locations to ensure inclusion of vulnerable groups and considering gender equity including all affected communities and groups.
- Direct and monitor the archiving and documentation of the meeting minutes and activities implementation at all project stages and phases ensuring the visibility of NFDHR and donor in implemented activities.
- Manage the regular meetings of staff and raise the important issues and gaps based on analysis of reports and progress of project compared to project work plan.
- Communicate, coordinate with the donor, and provide all required details/information on the implementation of project activities in consultation and close communication with WASH Program Coordinator.
- Facilitate the work by conducting excellent coordination with local authorities and related stakeholders to ensure smooth implementation of activities and secure movement of team supervising ongoing activities.
- Evaluate project resources based on results-based management approach to ensure the most effective contribution to NFDHR WASH program goals and strategic plans.
- Build capacity of staff and improve their technical, organizational and communicative skills including reporting and conducting assessments techniques and requirements.
- Share NFDHR policies, visions, values, messages and strategic objectives with project staff and ensure clear understanding of NFDHR strategies.
- Represent NFDHR in all meetings and brief NFDHR achievements, plans and challenges and ensure excellent sectorial coordination with other humanitarian sectors and partners with preparation of good reports on meetings' outputs to be shared with NFDHR management, and WASH program coordinator.
- Identify WASH gaps/needs on the ground of work and prepare assessment reports, funding calls and chances with close frequent coordination with WASH program coordinator.
- Deliver any tasks required by the WASH Program Coordinator and NFDHR higher management.
- Minimum Bachelor degree of Civil Engineering, Public Health, water management, environmental management or any related majors.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- At least five years of working in WASH projects management in humanitarian field.
- Work experience on water networks, pumps, generators and construction works.
- Experience in projects management of large number of staff.
- Work experience in management in integration with other humanitarian sectors.
- Proper work experience in coordination with clusters, donors and meetings participation with excellent skills of reporting and active reacting with clusters and donors' requirements.
- Work experience in emergencies and implementation of projects in conflict areas.
- Preferable experience in working in project location.
- Excellent skills of English in both written and verbal communication
- Excellent leadership, administrative and technical skills of people management including flexibility, mediation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills.
- Very strong ability to use computer programs including project management and engineering software and emails as well.
- Good background and clean history of corruption, violence or health problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and long working hours in emergencies.
- Willingness to travel and conduct extensive field visits.
Qualified and interested applicants are required to send their CVs along with a cover letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the post name and code in the subject field of your message as follows: WASH Project Manager -170001
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.