WASH Field Coordinator
Job Title: WASH Field Coordinator
Location: Sa'adah Governorate
Duration: 9 Months
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a local non for profit and non-governmental organization that was established in June 2012 to enhance the community participation in service provision, advocate and monitor policies, encourage women and youth participation at local and national levels, and build resilience of societies affected by natural crises or armed conflicts.
Under the direct supervision of the WASH Project Manager, Field Coordinator will be directly supervising the technical staff with frequent visits to the field to ensure the quality of implementation the water project construction works and network systems implementation in the WASH project targeted two districts in Sa'adah govetnorate. The Filed Coordinator is also responsible for the coordination with authorities and key stakeholders to ensure the smooth implementation of project activities.
Responsibilities, Tasks & Duties:
Supervise the direct implementation of project activities in accordance with technical specifications, project indicators and humanitarian standards and international codes.
- Work in coordination with WASH Project Manager in facilitation the implementation process for the team and create good communication ground with local authorities and stakeholders to ensure smooth services provision timely and effectively.
- Coordinate with responsible authorities and related offices for the movement of the project team, implementation of project activities to ensure the safe and proper delivery of project activities.
- Participate in field visits with project team to conduct needs assessments and prepare BOQs, drawings and specifications for the construction works.
- Monitor the quality of implementation of project activities and ensure the progress is within the timeline of the project and as per NFDHR policies and humanitarian standards.
- Work with project manager in creation of good communication and coordination channels between the project team.
- In coordination with project team, Field Coordinator will compile the required data for the weekly and monthly reports and verify the data provided by project team before sending to the Project Manager and M&E Officer.
- Make sure that project staff has comprehensive understanding of the project activities and aware of the implementation methodologies, NFDHR policies and project outputs, objectives and means of verification.
- Directly review the drafts of the reports, BOQs, drawings, meeting minutes and seek approval of the WASH Project Manager on the prepared documents.
- Raise urgent needs, problems, gaps and/or findings to the project manager and provide practical and valid solutions, recommendations and suggestions to the upcoming/ongoing issues.
- Collect success stories as well as humanitarian cases during the implementation of the project activities, formulate them and share them with project manager and NFDHR related departments.
- Ensure that the targeted beneficiaries, activities and locations were selected through strict selection criteria and targeted the vulnerable groups of all communities' components.
- Collect the information of beneficiaries with disaggregated data by sex and age and get the approval for the collected data form the related authorities and stakeholders.
- Facilitate for the trainings and logistic needs of the project activities and follow up with logistics officer and NFDHR head office, when needed, the progress of the required materials and items.
- Ensure the visibility of NFDHR and donor in all project stages and regularly check the archiving and documentation process of reports photos and meeting minutes.
- Manage for the regular meetings, weekly/biweekly and/or monthly reports and ensure effective participation of project team to reach sufficient outcomes of the meetings.
- Ensure that all required documents as listed in the means of verification against each activity are available and well documented.
- Deliver any tasks required by the direct manager, the WASH Project Manager and WASH Program Coordinator.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree of Civil Engineering, Public Health, water management or related majors.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- At least three years of working in WASH implementation projects in humanitarian field.
- Experience in working in different locations with extensive field visits.
- Work experience in coordination of projects in emergencies and difficult situations.
- Showing high ability and good experience in communication with colleagues and communities with sufficient experience in coordination with different authorities.
- Work experience in emergencies and implementation of projects in conflict areas.
- Preferable experience in working in project location.
- Excellent skills of English in both written and verbal communication
- High flexibility with excellent negotiation skills in dealing with difficult and conflict situations.
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills.
- Good administrative and technical skills of people management and delivery of activities in emergencies.
- Strong ability to use computer programs including engineering software and email.
- Good background and clean history of corruption, violence or health problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and long working hours in emergencies.
- Willingness to travel and conduct extensive field visits
Qualified and interested applicants are required to send their CVs along with a cover letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the post name and code in the subject field of your message as follows: WASH Field Coordinator -170002
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.