Ended Public Health Engineer Officer
Job Title: Public Health Engineer Officer
Location: Sa'adah Governorate
Duration: 8 Months
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a local non for profit and non-governmental organization that was established in June 2012 to enhance the community participation in service provision, advocate and monitor policies, encourage women and youth participation at local and national levels, and build resilience of societies affected by natural crises or armed conflicts.
The Public Engineer Officer(s) will be working under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator to supervise the implementation of the WASH project included construction of water schemes and network systems to ensure proper access for safe drinking water for the vulnerable groups of affected people in two districts in Sa'adah governorate. PHE Officer(s) responsibilities in addition to the supervision of the construction work and network installation on regular basis, PHE Officer(s) will supervise and technically support the Assistant PHE(s) in observing and daily follow-up on the implementation of the project activities.
Responsibilities, Tasks & Duties:
Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator, PHE will prepare the BoQs, drawings and specifications for the constructing works and network systems based on field visits and verifications of the available studies.
Prepare the detailed plan for the activities in accordance with the general work plan of project.
- Provide the Logistic Officer with the information needed to prepare tender(s) documents in coordination with the Field Coordinator and the Program Manager including the estimated costs for the construction works and network systems implementation.
- Handover the sites, in coordination with water corporation, to the selected contractor(s) and identify the locations for
construction and water network activities.
- Supervise the Assistant PHE(s) on daily basis in the implementation of the construction and network at the field and ensure the comprehensive knowledge of project activities.
- Provide the Assistant PHE(s) with the technical support they need including clarification of the items of BoQs and drawings of the project construction activities.
- Conduct field visits with project team to monitor the progress and ensure the quality of constructions and networks implementation as per specifications, international codes and standards with checking the quantities are met with approved contracted BoQs.
- Prepare the progress reports of the implementation, document the reports and archive them on regular basis.
- Conduct field visits with project team to do needs assessments for new interventions as requested the direct supervisor and prepare reports, BoQs, drawings and specifications for the assessed needs and new interventions.
- Issue the payment certificates for the contractors based on the progress ratio of the implemented activities of the construction and networking works in coordination with Assistant PHE(s).
- Deliver any tasks required by the direct manager, the WASH Field Coordinator and WASH Project Manager when applicable.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree of Civil Engineering with preferred certificates of water networks and pumps.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- At least three years of working in WASH implementation projects in humanitarian field.
- Experience in water networks implementation and designing using the software programs.
- Experience in working in the field within a team and supervision of contractors.
- Work experience in issuing payments certificates for contractors as per implementation progress on the ground.
- Preferable experience in working in project location.
Preferable excellent skills of English in both written and verbal communication
- High flexibility with excellent negotiation skills in dealing with difficult and conflict situations.
- Good administrative and technical skills of people management and delivery of activities in emergencies.
- Strong ability to use computer programs including engineering software (AutoCAD, Epanet) and email.
- Good background and clean history of corruption, violence or health problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and long working hours in emergencies.
- Willingness to travel and conduct extensive field visits.
Qualified and interested applicants are required to send their CVs along with a cover letter to the following email address: email@example.com
Please indicate the post name and code in the subject field of your message as follows: Public Health Engineer Officer -170003
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.