Job Title: Logistic Officer
Location: Sa'adah Governorate
Duration: 8 Months
Responsibilities, Tasks & Duties:
- Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator, Logistic Officer will review the BoQs, drawings and specifications
- Ensure the smooth and timely delivery of logistical needs required by project team.
- Prepare tender(s) documents including tender(s) announcements, conditions, specifications and thoroughly review the BoQs, drawings and technical specifications prepared by PHE(s).
- Coordinate with NFDHR Operation Department to finalize the tender(s) procedures, ensure the required documents are compiled and well organized and ensure the process as per NFDHR internal policies.
- Assist in tendering process, when applicable, including tenders opening, tender analysis, contractor(s) selection, acceptance/refuse letters preparation.
- Prepare the contracts for the selected contractor(s) in coordination with project management and NFDHR related departments in accordance with NFDHR policies.
- Keep records of the project documents related to tendering procedures, BoQs, contracts, payment certificates, progress reports, project correspondence and all other related documents.
- Finalize the payment requests, basic documents including contracts, demands, and reports for the issued payment certificates with comparing to the contracted quantities in the approved contracted BoQs. Also make sure that all required documents in the project document in the means of verification are attached in all transactions.
- Logistic Officer will have to observe and control the vehicles movement and ensure the availability, safety and validity of vehicles before each trip in coordination with Field Coordinator on the movement approval.
- In coordination and participation with Field Coordinator, PHE(s) and Assistant PHE, Logistic Officer will conduct field visits to check the quality and quantity of implemented works and delivered materials by contractor(s).
- Work in coordination with NFDHR Operation Department and project management to provide the required arrangements for the meetings, field visits, travels and trainings are planned in the project ensuring timely implementation as per project work plan.
- In coordination with Field Coordinator and Project Manager, Logistic Officer will manage and observe the stores and warehouses of NFDHR field office and keep records of movements with tracking of all requests.
- Deliver any tasks required by the direct manager, the WASH Field Coordinator and WASH Project Manager when applicable.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree of Economics, Supply Chain or equivalent with preferred of Civil Engineering degree.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- At least three years of working in WASH implementation projects in humanitarian field.
- Experience in water networks implementation and supplying.
- Experience in working in the field of supplies, contracting and tendering works, meetings and trainings arrangement and preparedness and other logistical issues.
- Work experience and good familiarity to issuing payment requests, operation procedures and forms and auditing requirements.
- Preferable experience in working in project location.
- Preferable excellent skills of English in both written and verbal communication
- High flexibility with excellent negotiation skills in dealing with difficult and conflict situations.
- Good administrative and technical skills of dealing with staff.
- Strong ability to use computer programs including Microsoft programs, emails and preferable Microsoft Project Management.
- Good background and clean history of corruption, violence or health problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and long working hours in emergencies.
- Willingness to travel and conduct extensive field visits.
Qualified and interested applicants are required to send their CVs along with a cover letter to the following email address: email@example.com
Please indicate the post name and code in the subject field of your message as follows: Logistic Officer -170004
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview