Ended M&E Officer
Job Title: M&E Officer
Location: Sa'adah Governorate
Duration: 8 Months
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a local non for profit and non-governmental organization that was established in June 2012 to enhance the community participation in service provision, advocate and monitor policies, encourage women and youth participation at local and national levels, and build resilience of societies affected by natural crises or armed conflicts.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, who will directly report to the Project Manager, will be handling the M&E tasks of ensuring the compliance of project outputs to the policies, manuals and humanitarian standards. M&E Officer is also requested to provide regular M&E reports identifying the problems, complaints, challenges and achievements of the project activities. He will also be responsible for the capacity building of the project team in the MEAL approach and gender issues.
Responsibilities, Tasks & Duties:
- Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, M&E Officer will monitor the progress of project activities comparing to the work plan and detailed plans of each activity.
- Work together with project team to achieve the goals and objectives of the project through frequent and regular review meetings showing the progress on the ground against the work plan and key performance indicators.
- Conduct field visits to monitor the progress and ensure the quality of constructions and networks implementation as per specifications, BoQs, NFDHR policies and project documents.
- Support the team on the needed information about beneficiaries and type of data should be collected including the sex and age disaggregated data.
- Prepare M&E qualitative and quantitative reports including progress in activities, key performance indicators and targeted beneficiaries with comparing to the project document and work plan.
- Analyze the results of the regular M&E reports identifying the deviations, problems, causes of deviations and delays in implementation and provide practical recommendations.
- Coordinate the
- Provide required information and reports for the donors and clusters in coordination with Project Manager and NFDHR Quality Program Coordinator to avoid duplication of information reporting.
- Undertake field visits to support the project team to conduct needs assessments, prepare reports, and BoQs, drawings and specifications for the project current and planned activities.
- Support the team in identifying the gaps and monitor implementation of M&E plan with tracking the achievement of the recommendations.
- Build the capacity of project staff on NFDHR MEAL approach and gender marker with training the staff on writing reports, NFDHR reporting forms and required data.
- Manage and develop complaint and feedback mechanism, receive complaints and refer them to the concerned person, follow-up the feedback on the complaints, record the complaints, coordinate with Project Manager and team the complaints and feedback report.
- Evaluate the outputs of the project using proper M&E tools and methodologies and identify the gaps in consolidate reports relying on clear and valid information.
- Ensure the completion of essential and supporting documents of the project implementation at all stages ensuring the compliance with the policies, manuals and humanitarian standards.
- Deliver any tasks required by the Project Manager and NFHR related departments.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree of management, preferable with civil engineering, public health with courses in MEAL and gender issues.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- At least three years of working in M&E of WASH projects in humanitarian field.
- Experience in monitoring evaluation and water projects construction and networks implementation.
- Work experience in professional reporting.
- Experience in developing and managing complaints and feedback mechanisms.
- Preferable experience in working in project location.
- Preferable excellent skills of English in both written and verbal communication
- High flexibility with excellent negotiation skills in mediations and conflict resolution.
- Good administrative and technical skills of people management and delivery of activities in emergencies.
- Strong ability to use computer programs including Microsoft programs, emails and preferable Project Management software using.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Good background and clean history of corruption, violence or health problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and long working hours in emergencies.
- Willingness to travel and conduct extensive field visits.
Qualified and interested applicants are required to send their CVs along with a cover letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the post name and code in the subject field of your message as follows: M & E Officer -170005
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.