Ended National Information Management Officer
National Information Management Officer, Multiple positions and locations in Yemen - (2101477)
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: 6-months (further extension is subject to availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need for the position)
Job Posting: Mar 30, 2021
Closing Date: April 18, 2021
Primary Location: Yemen
Organization: EM_YEM WHO Representative's Office, Yemen
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State's health
Development agendas and emergency/resilience programmes, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
1. Compile, aggregrate, analyze geo-information related to preparedness, mitigation measures and emergency response;
2. Review population vulnerability as well as Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping (VRAM) activities in country;
3. Communicate with partners and in country hubs/UN/NGO/others to encourage data sharing in order to ensure using common standard baseline data and the availability and promotion of relevant baseline data;
4. Contribute to the development of tools for data sharing to support all emergency related procedures, activities, and protocols;
5. Collect, analyze and disseminate data for timely flow of health and non health information to support decision making processes in event of acute emergency as well as early recovery phase;
6. Provide technical input to the overall information management (collection and distribution) of emergency related resources through various mediums including e-alerts and emergency dashboards.
7.Provide technical support in operationalizing country-specific common data standards and promote them with partners using Geographic Information System (GIS), Geo spatial expertise and data management with special skills in District Health Information System(DHIS2).
8. Compile, aggregate, analyze and maintaininter-country information from WHO including contact lists, regional 3W, Emergency Response Framework (ERF) performance monitoring, health indicator/situation/response data and Data Validation Reports (DVR).
9. Contribute to the development of Health Resources Availability Mapping System(HeRAMS) database including data update, collection and monitoring of health resources and services in the country
Essential: University degree in information management, computer science, or statistics.
Desirable: Studies or experience-based knowledge information collection, analysis and presentation
Essential: At least 1 year of relevant experience in information management part of which in humanitarian emergency situations
Desirable: Experience in information management for health in humanitarian emergency situations
- Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to the management of health information;
- Ability to conduct data collection and analysis using various methods;
- Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities;
- Knowledge of programme management and functioning of WHO and the UN system is an asset;
- Knowledge of health situation analysis, biostatistics and / or epidemiology
(including data collection, quality check, analysis), survey conduct, and management of datasets;
- Knowledge of International Classification of Diseases (ICD);
International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF), and related classifications;• Knowledge of health statistical informatics, indicator development, monitoring and evaluation and use of statistical and health information products in supporting decision making process.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Arabic.
Desirable: The above language requirements are interchangeable.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 33,000 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to apply on-line. The vacancies may be accessed through:
- Career portal (WHO staff/internal): https://careers.who.int/careersection/in/jobsearch.ftl
- Career portal (external candidates): https://careers.who.int/careersection/in/jobdetail.ftl?job=2101477&tz=GMT%2B03%3A00&tzname=Asia%2FRiyadh