Ended HR Manager – Incentive Worker Department
Job Title: HR Manager – Incentive Worker Department
Country Program: Yemen
Reports to: SR. HR. Coordinator
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and regain control of their future. The IRC Yemen began its programs in October 2012 and currently operates in the south and north of the country through direct programming and local partnerships in Health, Nutrition, WASH, Economic Recovery and Development, Education, Child Protection, and Women’s Protection and Empowerment. The country program operates from main offices in Aden and Sana’a and field offices in Abyan, Al Dhale’e, and Hodeidah governorates.
Scope of work
Under the supervision of the Senior HR Coordinator, the HR Manager-Incentive Worker Department is encouraged to accomplish and execute processes of engaging incentive workers onboarding and orientations, responding to queries/complaints, training, contract management and tracking, supervising attendance sheets, implementing disciplinary actions, training, spot checks, responding to inquiries and complaints, performance management and exit processes.
Key qualifications include solid experience in leading recruitment and selection processes, training, good record keeping, handling relations, compliance, planning, and coordinating the administrative functions of the department. Good writing skills, outstanding analytical and the ability to optimally communicate are essential for the position.
Responsible for the department activities every day.
- Review all incentive worker request forms and handling the hiring process.
- Issue letters of confirmation after verifying the information of the IW.
- Facilitate onboarding and orientation for incentive workers.
- Updating incentive worker master sheet, prepare signature specimen forms and tracking.
- Follow up with program teams on spot checking schedules and locations.
- Build, revise and get approval on the forms relevant to the department.
- Prepare training materials for orientation of incentive workers and keep them updated, provide training of trainers to department.
- Follow up with department staff and program teams on training and orientation schedules.
- Ensure all attendance sheets are detailed and filed accurately.
- Follow up on IWD staff tasks and reports disciplinary actions, exit management, confirmation letters and training of the IWD staff.
- Handle assigned complaints during the Incentive Worker work process according to Code of Conduct.
- Connect with the IW, sector managers and Field Coordinator to resolve disciplinary issues and actions required.
- Facilitating separations and handled in fair and consistent manner.
- Recommend strategies to empower and motivate incentive workers.
- Maintain incentive worker database and prepare reports.
- Prepare incentive worker payments on a monthly basis and Certificate of Completion are filled in accurately.
- Responsible for IW department staff responsibilities and supports them in any of the assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Participate in developing guidelines and procedures.
- Training of department staff and Incentive Workers on the Code of Conduct.
- Facilitate and guide on the performance management of incentive workers and IWD staff.
- Act as Head of Incentive Worker Department.
Key Working Relationships
- Direct Reporting to: SR. HR Coordinator.
- Close collaboration with other HR and Program colleagues.
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related qualification.
- 2 years of experience as an HR Officer and above.
- Sound understanding of Yemen Labor Law
- Efficient HR administration and people leadership skills.
- Excellent record-keeping skills.
- Advanced knowledge of HR functions and standard processes.
- Computer literacy with capability in email, MS Office and related HR software.
- Interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience with training and staff capacity building;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to lead and work successfully in team situations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both English and Arabic.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
Deadline for Applying: April 15, 2021. System will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M. of April 15, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.