Ended Community Health Supervisor
Job Title: Community Health Supervisor.
Band/ Level / Grade: 9A
Location: AL Hodeida governorate
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Community Health Supervisor (CHS) will supervise and support community Health volunteers (CHVs)/ CHWs and assisting the Community Health Officer (CHO) in selection and training of CHVs. S/he will also promote teamwork and collaboration between the mobile team/health facilities and the displaced people and surrounding communities through build a network of community resources people. In addition, CHS will be responsible for supporting iCCM program in the provision of treatment of key illnesses for children under five. He/She will support the iCCM CHVs on timely treatment of children for diseases such as pneumonia and diarrhea, as two of the highest contributors to morbidity in most areas in Yemen. The CHS will be responsible for sensitizing the communities and supporting them identifying main health problems and help them how to address those health problems.
- Support CHOs in selecting CHVs as per set criteria from the identified communities and facilitate mapping of the community health actors,
- Coordinate and Support the CHO in assessing training needs and coordinating training sessions.
- Supervise and provide on the job training to CHVs/ CHWs, review and evaluate their performance.
- Implement the community health services package devised by IRC community health program in coordination with Ministry of Public Health and Population (MOPHP)
- Ensure CHVs/ CHWs have adequate stock of essential drugs (if they work on ICCM), IEC materials and other tools for their activities.
- Support the CHO in preparation of documents for incentive of CHVs/CHWs and following up.
- Guide the CHV’s in the implementation of the set action plans.
- Coordinate between the MHTs and HFs and the CHVs/CHWs.
- Ensure CHVs/CHWs are conducting MUAC screening and referring malnourished children to nutrition programs.
- Timely collecting the names and addresses of defaulters of health and nutrition services and share with CHVs/CHWs for tracing and follow up.
- Coordinate for weekly meeting with CHVs.
- Conduct regular visits to the CHVs in their communities to assess and assist in their work.
- Timely collection and compiling reports of community Health/ from CHVs and give a feedback and ensure that reports are of good quality through regular verification of the data.
- Coordinate with the community and assist selection of community health committees.
- Identify and report immediately to the CHO any problem that may interfere in achieving program objectives.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities)
- At least Certificate or diploma in Public Health, Community Health, Nursing, Midwifery or other medical field from recognized health institution.
- At least one-year professional experience in implementing and supervising community health volunteers and community mobilization projects
- Good training and capacity building skills
- Excellent knowledge of the working environment
- INGO experience preferred.
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Computer literacy is desirable.
- English knowledge is an advantage.
- Ability to work after office hours to achieve assigned tasks as per need & priority
The IRC and IRC workers are expected to adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
Deadline for Applying: April 18, 2021. System will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M. of April 18, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted