Ended Project Officer (Unconditional Cash Transfer)
Project officer (Unconditional Cash Transfer) –Hudaydah/Raymah
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries with 300 international staff and 4,400 national staff.
ACTED has been presented in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Al Hudaydah, Raymah, Ibb, Al Dhale’e, Saadah, Al Jawf, Aden, and Dhamar.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Project officer (Unconditional Cash Transfer)
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 3.5 months
- Manage the team of project(s) assistant, daily workers and community committees on daily basis. Capacity building of the team
- Work directly with project team to ensure the activity is conducted as planned and as per according to donor requirements.
- Carry out management responsibility for non-program staff as required.
- Ensures all activities are in line with general protection principles as relevant, including maintaining confidentiality of beneficiaries and colleagues.
1.2. Meetings / Coordination
- Coordinate with project colleagues, notably community mobilisers, engineer teams and M&E
- Participate in external coordination meetings as requested by manager
- Ensure the documentation, information related to the project and decisions taken by the deputy program manager or above are communicated to the entire team. Also ensure the information from field team are communicated to the deputy program manager
- Organizes and participates in external meetings with community leaders and cooperatives, as requested.
- Coordinate regular collection of market prices and closely monitor effects on local and regional markets in the respective areas of intervention.
- Coordinate with other departments and NGOs to ensure the process of implementing the unconditional cash transfer activities according to relevant plans, and report the needs and gaps.
1.3. Project implementation
- Responsible for the timely and quality implementation of the activities in the area of implementation of the project
- Assists the deputy project manager in the planning of the activities and development and reviewing of all guidelines SOP, log frame work and risk matrix for cash/vouchers distribution activities in coordination with head of department and other relevant departments
- Prepare the activities material and oversee their implementation on the field
- Ensure community acceptance of the project through positive interactions and clear communication to beneficiaries in the field.
- Coordinate with the accountability team to deal with complaints or issues related to cash/voucher distribution.
- Takes into consideration the AMEU’s recommendations after approval from Project Manager and PM and/or AC.
FLAT management of the activities
- Work closely with logistic and finance departments to ensure smooth implementation of unconditional cash transfer
- Follow up with logistic department the status of field stocks related to the project and car rental
- Follow up with Finance department notably on the processes of advances opening
- Closure Follow up with HR department notably on the process of hiring daily workers
Beneficiary Engagement and Accountability
- Adhere to ACTED's Code of Conduct and treat all beneficiaries with respect and without any distinction or discrimination based on nationality, race, ethnicity, tribe, gender, religious beliefs, political opinion, or disability;
- Contribute to the selection of beneficiaries benefitting from unconditional cash transfer activities according to the guidelines set by durable solution consortium and relevant clusters;
- Communicate ACTED’s Complaints and Response Mechanism target communities and participate in solving complaints related to the project in coordination with the AMEU
- Provide regular and timely report on the activities implemented for the deputy program manager.
- Coordinate with database team to ensure the data entry
- Take photos and draft occasional success stories as identified in the field and by PD team.
- Report ideas and information from project staff or field visits, which may assist in future project proposals. Such information will be included in reports.
- Document lessons learned and best practices and share them with the Project Manager so they can be reflected in project planning and decision making.
Security & Liaison
- Considers safety and security in the field for the team and the beneficiaries
- Immediately report all incidents to the security focal point.
- Ensure all movements are authorized with permits from the authorities
- Responsible to communicate with DPM and S&L team regarding the activities to be implemented and in need for DE confliction
- Support the PM/DPM in the preparation of progress and final reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information for unconditional cash transfer activities
- Participate in communication activities through the regular collection of pictures and stories related to project activities;
- Offer technical support and inputs to other projects in similar sectors (e.g. BOQ design);
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by the immediate
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- Holds at least a bachelor's degree
- Must have at least two years’ experience in cash transfer and cash vouchers activities
- Experience in beneficiary’s identification approach
- Experience in food security activities
- Field oriented personality: the position requires regular travels to the field for several weeks
- Experience in supervising others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Confident level of both written and spoken English
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- willing to travel to other governorates on occasion if necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences (e.g. beneficiaries, community committees, and other team members)
- Leadership and organizational skills are required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, work efficiently under pressure and in changing circumstances
- Previous very good experience with ACTED
- Experience in communication with large groups
- Good knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation systems
- Good understanding of Covid-19 issues, prevention and response measures
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
- Organize personal workload and achieve results in time.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a stressful environment
- Ability to communicate with people and create a friendly environment
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English to: email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: Project Officer (Cash Transfer)-Hud/Raymah.
- Candidates must rename CV & cover letter: (First & Surname: Project Officer (Cash Transfer)-Hud Raymah).
- The closing date for applications is Sunday, 18 April 2021.
- Candidates from Hudaydah/Raymah governorate are strongly encouraged to apply
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basiand candidates may be identified before the closing date.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification.