Ended Field Assistant (CCCM)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : FIELD ASSISTANT (CCCM)
Organizational Unit : CCCM
Duty Station : Yemen, Marib
IOM Classification : M 3
Type of Appointment : Third Party Contracted (TPC) MPH Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
SVN No. : CFCV2021.042
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Sunday 18 April 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Working under the overall supervision of the Operations Officer (CCCM) and the direct supervision of the Project Assistant (CCCM/SNFI), the Field Assistants (CCCM/SNFI) will directly support and provide humanitarian assistance to persons in need:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Support the team by undertaking regular rapid and/or in-depth assessments across Marib (and other governorates as required) including through house-to-house assessments, IDP sites, set locations, at reception centres or through focus group discussions as required.
2. Support in conducting assessments and surveys of sites, collecting information on overall services available, including WASH, health, protection, shelter, among others covering the basic needs of the population. 3. Support in verification of beneficiaries as required, and in coordination with the Project Assistant. 4. Contribute to distributions as and when required to IDPs, returnees, host communities, migrants and other individuals selected for assistance under IOM’s various assistance programs, if and when required. 5. As guided by the Project Assistant, support in monitoring disbursements of funds and financial service providers, ensuring assistance provided is as per agreed amounts.
6. As necessary, support other teams with assessments, including the preparations of the assessment tools and focus group sheets and post distribution monitoring activities.
7. In coordination with the PA support in regular market price monitoring of key items related to IOMs cash programme and of vendors using developed templates and provide analysis as to the trends and price increase/decreases.
8. Provide advice and support beneficiaries to obtain ID cards, working closely with the Field Team Leader, as and when required.
9. Assist other Project assistants as and when required in the implementation, distribution and monitoring of IOM’s other emergency response activities.
10. In coordination with the PA, prepare and submit field and progress reports including recommendations for improvement of project implementation.
11. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education: High school diploma (with three years experience) or Bachelors degree (with one years)
Experience: Experience in the humanitarian sector preferable and working with vulnerable individuals.
English and Arabic
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate. • Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via the following link
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV). “Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted”
05 April 2021 to 18 April 2021