Ended Gender Equality and Inclusion Coordinator
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the position of
Gender Equality and Inclusion Coordinator – Location: Country Office - Sanaa, with 50% time in Taiz Field Office
The Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) coordinator is a member of the Program Development and Quality (PDQ) team. Under the general direction and guidance of the Gender Equality an inclusion Specialist will support gender equality and inclusion mainstreaming in programme; review response implementation with MEAL and sector Specialists; conducting needs assessments that incorporate gender and inclusion analysis; ensuring that GAC/IHA mainstream, mitigate and respond to GBV; facilitate capacity building and trainings on gender equality, inclusion and GBV; develop and agree on actions to address priority gaps on gender and inclusion with the Field Managers, Programme Managers and sector Technical Specialists.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure GAC/IHA funded programs incorporate Save the Children’s gender equality principles as well as minimum standards on gender equality in humanitarian response (IASC Gender in Humanitarian Action, IASC Guidelines for Gender-based Violence, etc), including helping establish a gender sensitive complaints response mechanism, and responding to signs of abuse/SGBV.
- Support quality implementation across all sectors and field offices, especially Taiz by ensuring adequate staff capacity, adequate technical support supervision and regular review of programmes/projects.
- Work collaboratively with all sectors and offices funded by GAC/IHA on ways to mainstream gender and inclusion, where relevant, in order to maximize impact for girls, boys and persons with disabilities;
- Work with the Programme Managers and Awards Management Unit, support preparation of high-quality donor reports. Where projects/programmes are implemented in multi-locations, support the consolidation and sharing of reports with the Gender Equality and Inclusion Specialist;
- Support in developing guidance tools in Arabic to help program teams in Gender sensitive implementation of project interventions;
- With support from the Gender Equality and Inclusion Specialist and Head of Meal support the process of lessons learning to ensure high quality programming, coordinating the collection of documentation across all the programme areas.
- Offer a roving support to programs’ teams through our field offices and partners supporting programme quality of Save the Children’s humanitarian interventions;
Programme Design & development
- Develop and update the Gender Equality Action Plan, GBV Mainstreaming Plan and Inclusion of children with disability Plan for GAC/IHA funded projects, ensuring consistency with Country Strategy Plan, SCI global Gender Equality Policy, SCI PSEA Policy, and with Save the Children’s theory of change;
- Support the Gender Equality and Inclusion Specialist in ensuring that developed concept notes and proposals are at minimum gender sensitive, according SCI Gender Marker;
- Support processes of conducting gender sensitive assessments and analysis whenever needed to inform and ensure that findings are appropriately reflecting the different needs of girls, men, women and boys in the field;
- Coordinate GAC/IHA funded programs’ design and development processes in the field with beneficiaries, sectoral staffs and local authorities to build consensus on the needs, interventions, target locations and ensure that required information is shared for programme design and development;
- Advocate externally and internally to promote gender equality, protection from GBV and girl’s empowerment outcomes linked with GAC/IHA funded project priorities.
- Ensure lessons learnt inform the design and implementation of new projects/programmes.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Draft the development of Gender Analysis tools, frameworks and action plan and lead the field implementations with support from Gender Equality and Inclusion Specialist.
- Support program Managers and MEAL teams with the collection and analysis of sex- and age- disaggregated data (quantitative and qualitative) as well as streamlining the needs assessment, collection and analysis so that it can be more effective in meeting beneficiary needs;
- Organize knowledge sharing sessions and consultations across sectors, and ensure that monitoring and evaluation results are understood and used to improve programmes in the field;
- Conduct periodic monitoring of the GAC funded humanitarian project to gauge the effectiveness of gender equality mainstreaming with recommendations (and implementation thereof) for program improvements;
- Conduct regular visit to project sites to ensure that teams are appropriately supported to implement quality programmes; focusing on GAC/IHA funded programs and field offices.
Capacity building & Team work
- Conduct capacity gaps assessment to identify staff, partners and stakeholders training needs;
- Provide relevant capacity strengthening on gender equality principles and tools for staff, partners, beneficiaries, as well as civil society and government actors;
- Support the development of gender and inclusion learning agenda as part of the Yemen program learning agenda
- Provide on-going technical support to staff, partners under GAC/IHA funded programs to improve quality of our interventions;
- Facilitate the development and implementation of detailed annual work plans and key quarterly deliverables for GAC/IHA funded projects teams.
- Maintain strategic links with key duty bearers and stakeholders such as governmental bodies, UN agencies, INGOs and other local NGOs and community organizations, identify opportunities and ensure that the project learning is feeding into the national and local level strategic planning.
- Represent and advocate for Save the Children in clusters and other interagency fora to ensure Save the Children is seen as the lead international agency in terms of innovation and quality of implementation, whenever required or assigned.
- As assigned by the Gender Equality and Inclusion Specialist, represent Save the Children and actively engage in the Sub-clusters & Working Groups related to gender equality, GBV and inclusion;
- Work with the Gender Equality and Inclusion Specialist and to clearly articulate advocacy messages for the Yemen Country Office.
- Deputise for the Senior Gender Equality and Inclusion Specialist as shall be requested from time to time;
- Perform any other related roles/duties as may be assigned by the Senior Gender Equality and Inclusion Specialist from time to time;
- Support in human resources & administration issues: balanced recruitment and deployment of staff; appropriate working and living conditions provided for both male & female staff; staff aware of CI gender and PSEA policies and codes of conduct duly signed; personal needs, security & risk considerations of staff;
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Humanitarian professional with a Bachelors’ degree in Gender, law, social work or relevant field, or equivalent qualification;
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Significant professional experience of at least 3 years, including experience working at a management or technical level on gender and inclusion mainstreaming for international NGOs;
- Excellent understanding of equality, gender mainstreaming, women’s economic empowerment, PSEA, and GBV Guidelines in humanitarian context;
- Clear understanding of the intersection of gender and inclusion with other thematic areas;
- Strong commitment to capacity building of staff and partners with willingness to adopt participatory and consultative approaches;
- Experience drafting donor funding proposals for large institutional grants;
- Ability to compile narrative sections and thematic budgets for proposals; ability to edit/write narrative reports, with reference to financial reporting;
- Developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language considerations;
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching;
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets;
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies;
- Fluency in English, verbal and written, required; Arabic is mandatory;
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children and to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.”
Kindly use this link to apply: