Ended Administrative Assistant
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Administrative Assistant 1 ( Marib )
Contract type : Open-ended
Number of posts : 1 Post
Duty Station: Marib
Start of the announcement: 07.04.2021
Administration Assistant 1 is accountable for the physical processing of cash transactions and the integrity of physical cash balances in a (sub-) delegation, strictly respecting and applying the ICRC's rules on financial management, he/she will be responsible to manage the premises of the sub delegation and focal person for staff travel arrangement.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Handle the sub delegation’s/office cash disbursements and payments.
- Provides the cash statements on daily basis to the Finance and Administration manager
- Checks all invoices and gets all the necessary signature before processing any cash payments; prepares the stickers for accounting imputation.
- Responsible for the cash box: the physical count must always correspond to the journal balance.
- Monitors working advances, clears them when receiving invoices and settles them at the end of each month.
- Applies ICRC procedures for eventual discrepancies.
- Takes part in cash flow management in coordination with the FAD manager and HoO
- Checks all receipts pertaining to settlement of working advances, updates necessary control schedules and submits to Administrator for approval.
- Coordinate Marib office cash transfer request from SAN and ADE-Sub-Delegation
- Collects the signature for the monthly signature list.
- Sends the accounting documents to SAN on regular basis for supplier’s invoice and accounting closing files
- Follow up the lease payment and keeps the premises list updated and sends it to SAN at the end of each month, including the renewal of lease agreement.
- Keeps record of premises' utilities' (electricity, water & telephone, etc.) and timely payment
- Provides support and supervises the functioning of the unit; coaches the Premises/Maintenance employees
- Implements the Premises policy and the ICRC standard housing items
- Ensures proper maintenance of the premises and regular update of the inventories, including residence equipment inventories
- Ensures that mechanisms for stock (i.e. coffee-break items, office consumables, cleaning products, etc.) control are in place
- Performs regular check of the premises to assure that the state of the premises (maintenance, equipment, passive security) fulfils the requirements
- Supervises, organizes and controls the work of domestic staff
- Assures the quality of work by domestic staff and the continuity of their services as well as proper holiday/replacement management
- Controls the distribution and use of cleaning products and other materials in the ICRC premises.
- Assures that the hygienic standards are respected.
- At the end of the year contribute on the appraisal of the domestic staff upon request.
- Makes travel reservation upon travel request and after checking that it has been validated by Head of Office / HoSD & other validators
- Advices on hotel accommodation as well as on accommodation plan for new arrivals
- Ensures the efficient organization of briefings of new personnel
- Ensure a proper coordination with MRB and other Sub delegation
- Prepares and ensures that before paying Welcome invoices, all supporting documents are according to the Administrative procedures (validations, Travel request, Invitation message)
- Support the Marib office in the Information Management activities.
- Makes an active contribution to implementing all information management projects or programs linked to information management.
- Under the supervision and upon request of the assistant based in Sanaa, organizes training or information sessions on information management.
- Supports the office in translations whenever is required
- Makes sure that all staff in the office/sub-delegation knows and applies ICRC rules regarding correspondence and ICRC protocol
- High school diploma or Technical college.
- Good command (spoken and written) of English.
Professional Experience Required
- Minimum 2 years working experience in a similar field.
- Computer proficiency.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
- Letter of Motivation in English
- C.V. in English (maximum 3 pages);
- Copies of the Academic Certificates, Work Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation if any.
Please send your applications by email to: email@example.com
Indicating in the subject line: Administrative Assistant ( Marib )
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Marib candidates are the most encouraged to apply
Deadline to send your application: 15.04.2021