Ended Protection Field Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Protection Field Officer 1
Contract type: Open Ended
Level of Post: B2
Number of Posts: 1 Post
Duty Station: Marib
Start date of announcement: 07.04.2021
The Protection Field Officer contributes to the planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of ICRC Protection activities and files in Marib office. The Prot FO is the reference FO for security and protection in Marib office. S/He reports to the Field Team Leader in Marib office and to the Protection Team Leader in Sanaa centre sub-delegation.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Implements Protection activities under the supervision of the line manager in Marib;
- Contributes to the analysis of the security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment relevant to the ICRC and shares relevant information with relevant team members, reports any change in the situation in a timely manner,
- Contributes as team member to the planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of ICRC Protection activities and files and security within the AoR,
- Collects, compiles, translates Protection related information (with appropriate care for staff risk management) respecting data protection guidelines and confidentiality,
- Analyses and contributes to written internal reporting on security and Protection within the AoR,
- Contributes to security and Protection internal and external meetings (preparation, participation, reporting and follow up),
- Develops and maintain contact with local authorities (civil and military), civilian population, YRCS branches operating in the AoR and any interlocutor relevant to the Protection file,
- Prepares, participates and reports to all aspects of field mission,
- May act as team leader in field trips within the AoR when joined with other departments or structures,
- Fosters conducive environment (multidisciplinary approach, team dynamics) among team members,
- Organizes the sustainability and the institutional filing of her/his work,
- Spends at least 80% on security and the Protection files in the field and 20% in the office on the same files,
- Supports other structures if needed and approved by the line manager, ensuring operational needs are respected within the AoR.
- Internally, interacts with the different ICRC departments on matters related to Protection and security, proposing the internal referrals when needed. S/He reports to the FTL in Marib office and technically to the PTL in SAC SD.
- Externally, interacts with a network of contacts at local level, such as various authorities, civilian population, etc., under the supervision of the line manager, on matters related to Protection and security.
- University degree or relevant professional experience
- Excellent level of English (written and spoken)
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Google Earth, Data management tools)
Professional Experience Required
- 3 previous experience for instance as social political economic science or similar fields
- 1-2 Previous ICRC or other humanitarian agency experience desired
Skills and Competencies
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
Interested candidates should send the following:
- A letter of motivation in English
- A detailed C.V. in English
- Copy only of the highest academic degree obtained + Work certificates
Please send your applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating in the subject line: Protection Field Officer
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline to send your application: 15.04.2021