Ended Logistics Assistant
Title: Logistics Assistant
Position status: Full-time
Contract duration: 8 months with possibility of renewal
To support the Logistics Officer in logistics activities that will facilitate programs, Logistics and operational activities which may include procurements, warehouse operations, market research, and procurement tracking.
- Review PR’s and understand the technical aspects of what has been requested
- Be able to differentiate between good quality and poor quality materials/supplies
- Review vendors, focusing on suppliers of key items
- Develop vendor relations with multiple providers
- Understanding and performing compliant and accurate documentation involving cash for all types of procurement activities.
- Assist in conducting periodic checks of transactions and documents to ensure accurate and compliant standards are upheld for all areas of logistics.
- Assist in loading and unloading of cargo
- Able to maintain self-control and respectful attitude while working thru difficult situations.
- With a generous and serving spirit perform all the tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by the organization’s code of conduct as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others
- Discernment in procurement
- Good cash handling practices
- Critical thinking skills
- Kind and positive attitude
- Ability to acquire, build and maintain positive working relationships
- Ability to understand complex security environments and advise on them accordingly
- Self-starter and motivated to succeed, regardless of the task
- Willing to travel as required by Operations Manager
- Must have high level of integrity and stewardship
Education / Experience Needed
- Minimum 1 years working with International NGOs in preferably a base, fleet, or logistics capacity.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English are required
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk and run; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be exposed to loud noises around maintenance and construction workshops.
- May travel in country with exposure to communicable diseases, hot and humid weather conditions.
- Able to work in a security context that is fluid.
All interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Cover letter and CV in English ONLY to the below email address indicating in the subject line: Logistics Assistant
- Application Email: YemenHR@samaritan.org
- Deadline to send your application: April 15th, 2021