Ended Procurement Assistant (Food)
Contract duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Sana’a, Yemen
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Aiming to feed 13 million of the most vulnerable people with food assistance, WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers, and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day.
These job is found in WFP Yemen Country Office and report to a Head of Unit, Chief, Procurement Officer or designate.
Job holder at this level is responsible for completion of a range of procurement processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holder is able to recommend straightforward courses of action to staff, and may allocate tasks and technically support other staff.
To perform and apply appropriate processes, procedures and policies that support the efficient and effective procurement services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support Professional staff in the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations.
2. Compile data, prepare and distribute documents, to support successful procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), ensuring standard processes are followed.
3. Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, and funding is available, in order to enable the procurement of goods and services.
4. Coordinate and monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions, verifying receipt and inspection of deliverables, and performing follow up actions to ensure supplies reach HQ and field operations.
5. Research, collate and present information in standard formats, to enable informed decisionmaking and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
6. Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, to ensure the information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
7. Liaise with internal counterparts to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
8. Provide technical support and/or allocate work to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
9. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
10. Prepare Purchase Orders, contracts and any supporting documentation for approval by the appropriate stakeholder, and approve purchases within delegated authority, to enable the swift purchase of goods and services.
11. Resolve issues related to delivered goods, using initiative, liaising with all parties and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of problems.
12. Others as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- 4 or more years of relevant work experience;
- Completion of secondary school education;
- Fluency in English (level C written and spoken);
- Fluency in Arabic (level C written and spoken), and
- Either a Yemeni citizen or a foreign citizen with permanent Yemeni work/residence permit.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has worked on procurement activities.
• Experience conducting analyses and developing reports.
• Experience working with suppliers or other third party on day to day basis.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Tendering and Contracting||Displays basic understanding of processes to support the contracting/tendering implementation at WFP by collecting necessary information.|
|Vendor Management||Leverages basic understanding of business needs to define vendor requirements and selection criteria.|
|Commodity and Product/Service Intelligence||Appropriately handles products/services based on an understanding of sources, technologies, properties, and public procurement principles/practices.|
|Systems & Reporting||Utilizes basic understanding of data sources, procurement systems, Corporate Operating System and processes to execute daily tasks.|
|Ethics and Compliance||Maintains accurate records of activities in line with compliance standards to increase ease of response to basic audit queries.|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
- WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national or having work/residency permit.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only.
- Indicate all your job TOR.
- Indicate clear years of experience with each job (month/year)
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
- Successful candidates vetted as viable candidates through the application process will be retained on internal roster for a two-years period and may be given further consideration for future similar specific position advertised in the duty station.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 20 April 2021
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always is free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff are made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
لا يقوم برنامج الأغذية العالمي بالاستعانة ابداً بأشخاص او بوكالات خارجية في التوظيف، علماً بان عملية التوظيف دائماً مجانية. يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالمي عن مرشحين من أعلى درجات النزاهة والكفاءة المهنية والذين يتقاسمون مبادئنا الإنسانية.
يتم اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسي ونحن ملتزمون بتعزيز التنوع والتوازن بين الجنسين. سيتم النظر فقط للمتقدمين الذين تفي ملفاتهم الشخصية بمتطلبات الوظيفة المعلن عنها، وفقط خلال الموعد النهائي المعلن
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
To view the job description and apply to the mentioned vacancies, please go to the link associated to the VA you want to apply to
Link For Non-WFP candidates: Click here
Link for WFP Staff: Click here
2.Click on “Apply”
3.Click on Create an account (if you do not already have one)