Ended Security and Access Responsible
Solidarités International seeks to recruit:
Security and Access Responsible
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running emergency projects with an integrated FSL and WASH approach mostly in Lahj and Taiz governorates.
The position will be based in Aden, Coordination Office.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Security and Access Responsible assists the CD in security management at national level and humanitarian access in accordance with SI development strategy in Yemen.
The Security and Access Responsible also assists the CD for local authorities’ relationship.
List of main tasks:
- Establish and maintain informal relations and a network of key informants/contacts
- Monitor and analyse the political, security and geo-political contexts in the country of intervention;
- Monitor and analyze the security contexts in SI areas of intervention;
- Participate in the security and contextual briefing of new employees, nationals and expatriates;
- Conduct security assessment of Solidarités premises, working areas and new areas;
- Participate in the mission’s strategic exercises to provide inputs related to humanitarian access and security;
- Promote SI’s Code of Ethics and Conduct among employees and external stakeholders;
- Monitor potential risks during times of instability and keep concerned employees alerted;
- Set and ensure the adherence to required protection and security regulations for all employees and facilities;
- Enforce compliance of all security regulations by employees;
- Conduct daily security assessment of the situation and validate the movements accordingly;
- Update on a weekly basis the security event follow up;
- Produce on a weekly basis Situation Reports related to security and context updates;
- Participate in the writing of all relevant documents regarding the context and security;
- Facilitate the proper circulation of security information within the mission;
- Update on a regular basis the constant companion document;
- Participate in the management of security incidents/security crisis upon request from Country Director
- Participate or accompany the CD at meetings for humanitarian access / security;
- Represent the CD by delegation with administrative authorities, local politicians and civil society;
- Develop and maintain network and relationship with relevant local and national authorities;
- Liaise with the projects’ line ministries in order to get certifications, introduction letters, MoUs, etc;
- Make sure that all official documentation related to the projects is up to date;
- Translate from Arabic to English (or inversely) important documents;
- Be the translator during internal or external meetings;
The list of tasks above mentioned is not exhaustive; the CD may add tasks according to the evolution of the mission.
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional interlocutor)
Line interlocutor: Country Director
Line supervisor(s) on base: Field Coordinator Assistant
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter) to Solidarités International by email to:
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject in English.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension.
Final date for applications: 25th of April 2021