Ended Procurement Assistant
Procurement Assistant - (2101282)
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: Up to 6 to 12 months initially, to be extended based on the availability of funds, need for the position and performance.
Job Posting: Apr 7, 2021
Closing Date: Apr 22, 2021 - at 12 AM midnight Yemen local time
Primary Location: Yemen-Sana'a
Organization: EM_YEM WHO Representative's Office, Yemen
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State's health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Participate in the analysis and preparation of goods for procurement of goods for different technical and emergency programmes, ensure adherence to the standard WHO guidelines on procurement, accuracy of information, completion of required supporting documents and check availability of funds. Using GSM ,initiate local purchase requests for both catalogue and non-catalogue items in an efficient manner to be submitted by the supervisor, monitor status and ensure timely process of requests and delivery of goods and services. Draft purchase order amendments when required, provide justification and upload supporting documents in ECM. Participate in the preparation of requests for price estimates for non-catalogue items, obtain estimated costs from the Regional Logistics and Supply Unit or HQ, and implementation of related procurement decisions taken by technical units and supervisor. Assist in drafting bid invitations and related correspondence, compiling offers, preparation summary of bids including information on price and conditions of offer as well as in drafting the adjudication reports. Arrange for the meetings of the Country Procurement Committee by identifying with partners suitable dates, compiling and disseminating necessary background documents related to the cases to be presented. Maintain and update the suppliers' database including completion of the supplier evaluation forms for all suppliers contracted by WHO office. Participate in the reparation of periodic procurement reports and briefings on the status of all transactions for the review of the supervisor. Assist in initiating correspondence to verify data, answer queries, alert supervisor/technical units of any gaps in the transactions, and recommend solutions. Perform other duties related to area of work, and replace colleagues mainly the Assistant to the WR as required.
Essential: Completion of secondary education, supplemented by training in a field related to the work performed.
Desirable: University degree in business administration, social sciences or a related field is an asset.
Essential: At least three years' progressive experience in procurement.
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system.
Proven knowledge of procurement regulations and procedures--> Demonstrated negotiation skills--> Very good organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines --> Good analytical skills
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local language.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting atUSD 15,700 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to apply on-line. The vacancies may be accessed through:
- Career portal (WHO staff/internal): https://careers.who.int/careersection/in/jobsearch.ftl
- Career portal (external candidates): https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2101282&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=Asia%2FRiyadh
The system provides instructions for on-line application procedures.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to observe the closure date and time outlined on the requisition at the time they access it through Stellis. This deadline; set by the system, reflects your personal device’s system setting. Applications received after the closure of the requisition are not accepted.
NB.: For assessment of your application, please ensure that:
- Your profile is properly completed and updated;
- All required details regarding your qualifications, education and training are provided;
- Your experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time