Ended Education Program Manager
Job Title: Education Program Manager
Reporting to: Programs and Projects Manager
Sector: Education Program
Location: Based in Aden with 30% travel to the field.
Contract Duration: Annual Contract with probationary period.
NMO is a registered national NGO with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor No. 284. Our mission is to take the lead to empower communities in Yemen through humanitarian response and sustainable development programs in a professional way through effective partnerships. NMO started its activity in Yemen since 2012, and has been implementing projects in 5 sectors namely FSL, Education and child protection, WASH, Shelter, and Governance and skill-building.
NMO is looking for an efficient and qualified person to fill the post of Education Programs Manager) to carry out the following tasks:
The Education Program Manager will be based in Aden overseeing the Education Program, the Education Manager will be expected to lead on program planning, oversight of project implementation, recruitment and procurement. The Manager will contribute to project design and strategy as well as leading on proposal development and grant reporting.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Capacity Building and Staff Management:
- Support the Programs and Projects Manager in developing capacity building plans for the Education team, Government Officials, PTAs and school staff.
- Provide day to day coaching on technical and program management skills to the Education team, and support dissemination of capacity building to the team.
- Work with the Programs and Projects Manager to identify learning and training opportunities for Nahda Makers staff and work as a mentor and role model.
- Ensure that the capacity building of the Education team is planned within budget parameters, as well as realistic within the implementation plans of the project.
- Overall responsible for the implementation of Education Program activities ensuring that services are delivered on time, on budget and in compliance with donor regulations.
- Provide technical guidance, in collaboration with the Programs and Projects Manager, in all areas of the Education Program ensuring that implementation methods are consistent with acknowledged good practice and achieve sustainable results.
- Ensure the Education Program is implemented in ways responsive to communities and children in line with Nahda Makers principles, values and strategic plan and compliant with Nahda Makers procedures
- Ensure that the project is implemented with regular liaison with local level stakeholders and support the field team in the development of regular revisions to, and in compliance with, community and donor agreements for implementation of the education project.
- Develop project implementation plan including procurement and distribution schedules of project inputs in line with program logistics/supply chain capacity.
- Ensure that Education staff have work-plans in place and follow up with team members regularly to ensure that activities are on track.
- Manage project budget, including phased budgets, monthly budget forecasting and budget revisions when needed.
- Ensure proper and effective use of project resources, ensuring that all resources/assets in project are managed in line with Nahda Makers and Donor policy.
- Monitor project progress against both programmatic, along with the Programs and projects Manager, and budgetary targets, making adjustments to project implementation plans as necessary.
- Prepare timely and high quality project and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal Nahda Makers requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
Needs Analysis and Program Design:
- Support the MEAL senior Officer with design and planning required for assessments, baselines, and evaluations.
- Support the Grants Senior Officer in developing project and donor proposals in close coordination with logistics, finance and grants unit and ensure participation of the field team, plus beneficiaries, in proposal development
- Prior to proposal submission, identify implementation methodology undertaking consultation with partners and initial partner proposal work
- Contribute to contingency plans and where possible, integrate contingency planning.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability
- Work with the Programs and Projects Manager and MEAL team to develop MEAL plans and indicator tracking plans for the Education Program, inputting into the development of additional MEAL tools as necessary to monitor project progress.
- With the Programs and Projects Manager and MEAL team, ensure appropriate, timely and accurate data collection at all Education staffing levels against agreed indicators to enable both internal and external reporting.
- Work with MEAL team to identify and incorporate project suitable accountability and feedback mechanisms.
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
- Ensure appropriate staffing within the operations component of the Education team, within budget parameters, and including volunteers.
- Ensure that all Education Program field staff understand and are able to perform their role, identifying areas of development as noted earlier.
- Establish performance management of all Education staff through effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measurable objectives, on-going feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations.
Representation & Advocacy & Organizational Learning:
- Work together with the Child Protection team to ensure that programs are aligned and connected, for Child Protection and Education
- Ensure that referral systems between all sectors and different agencies working in the area are in place.
- Regularly coordinate and collaborate with all other program managers and program team to support high quality inter-sectoral programming and strengthen programmatic synergies and impact for children.
- Support representation with donors and other entities needs as required
Comply with Nahda Makers organization policies and practice with respect to PSEA and child Protection, code of conduct, and other relevant policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A Master’s degree in Education, Social Studies, International Development Studies, or in a relevant subject, or a BA with equivalent field experience.
- At least 5 years of management experience in education in emergencies programming or in fragile states.
- Previous experience in Yemen context.
- Previous experience of managing an Education team.
- Proven capacity to supervise, and coach staff in Education technical skills and program management.
- Experience of, and commitment to, working through systems of community and child participation and accountability
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively and with people of diverse backgrounds
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English and Arabic
- Experience in capacity building and training of local authorities, and education stakeholders regarding education in emergency programming.
- Experience in any of the relevant fields, Youth programming, Parent Teacher Committee development, wellbeing and psychosocial support programs, in emergency contexts.
- Experience in representing an organization in the coordination mechanism in emergency contexts.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.