Ended ICT Specialist 2
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
ICT Specialist 2
Contract type : Open Ended.
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station : Marib
Start of the announcement: 08.04.2021
ICT Specialist 2 manages and organizes all ICT systems and services in the location where s/he is posted. S/he assists the ICT Engineer and Coordinator in designing and installing ICT infrastructure.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Installs, maintains, repairs, and monitors ICT equipment in line with ICRC standards.
- Ensures existing ICT infrastructure is functional.
- Ensures that global/country-level policies and procedures are implemented and followed.
- Briefs, advises and trains end-users on the ICRC's ICT systems.
- Provides technical advice and assistance with IT equipment and its use, and provides remote support when needed.
- Ensures ICT inventory is updated regularly and maintains adequate stocks levels.
- Keeps track of equipment allocations, dispatches equipment and follows up on shipments to and from other ICRC sites.
- Maintains ICT stock and inventory, carries out regular physical checks.
- Drafts and updates technical documentation for all IT equipment.
- Carries out the duties of ICT Specialist 1 when s/he is absent.
- May be called upon to manage and train ICT teams.
- Allocates equipment in an efficient manner, taking into account users' needs and ICRC policies.
- Places orders for parts, equipment, and tools, locally or in Geneva, according to standing procedures and in collaboration with the administration and logistics.
- Handles relations with the internet service provider regarding fees, level of service, etc., in collaboration with the administration
Scope & Impact
- Workplace services and first/second-level user support.
- Geographical remit: local or country-level..
- Internally, interacts with ICRC employees.
- Externally, interacts with local suppliers.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in IT, electronics, computer science or similar field.
- Very Good command (spoken and written) of English
- Very Good ICT knowledge.
Professional Experience Required
- 3–4 years' troubleshooting experience in an area of the ICT service catalogue (e.g. workplace services, telecommunications, IT, help desk, etc.).
• 1 year of people-management experience a strong asset.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
- Letter of Motivation in English
- C.V. in English (maximum 4 pages);
- Copies of the Academic Certificates, Work Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation if any.
Please send your applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will NOT be considered. Please write this in subject field: ICT Specialist 2
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Marib candidates are the most encouraged to apply
Deadline to send your application: 24.04.2021