Ended Programs and Projects Manager
Job Title: Programs and Projects Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: Aden with regular travel to projects sites.
Contract: Fixed-Term (6-Months, renewable subject to performance and availability of funds).
Medical Mercy Foundation(MMF) is a national ,non-governmental and non-political humanitarian Foundation that was established in 2004 by a group of specialized doctors and workers in the health field, in addition to some specialists in the administrative field in cooperation with local and international partners as a contribution of them in meeting the health needs of the community, providing medical assistance to the most Vulnerable groups, those affected by conflict, epidemics and natural disasters regardless race, religion ,gender or political affiliation.
MMF believes that the promotion of health for human beings is the most important factor for sustaining life so that the individual is an active part in construction and development.
MMF is keen to have a competent candidate to fill the position of Programs and Projects Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
The role of the Programs and Projects Manager encompasses many activities including:
- Creating & Developing Medical Projects: Defining Objectives, Scope, Stakeholders .
- Attending all health, Nutrition and WASH clusters or any related meetings and represents MMF.
- Planning: Setting Projects Integrated Plans focused on attaining outlined goals
- Executing: Distribute/assign tasks ensuring they are completed as scheduled
- Controlling: monitor progress/reporting, track milestones according to work Plan.
- Identifying opportunities for funding whether through fundraisers, grants, or a combination of the two.
- Planning and launching fundraising events to support programs.
- Lead the programmatic management of all projects, development of programs, projects strategies, plans with the project’s managers, officers, ensures their alignment with MMF strategies and objectives.
- Tracking of the challenges faced by the program/projects and take actions to mitigate risks and develop opportunities by turning any challenge into opportunity and develop initiative and/or project around this challenge.
- Coordinate the preparation of timely and cost-effective operational plans, budgets and strategic plans with the program managers and officers.
- Support the Managing Director in developing project proposals for new projects that aligned with the foundation’s strategic targets.
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation officer in the development and implementation of monitoring, review, assessment and evaluation plans for improved program/projects development and reporting.
- Facilitate country level conversations around program/projects quality, accountability, partnerships, gender, and child protection, etc….
- Coordinate with finance team to provide financial training for non-financial staff in effective projects financial management, including procurement, project implementation, compliances and project financial reporting.
- Facilitate linking, collaboration and networking with other local and INGO, government and other relevant supporting stakeholders and donors to enhance MMF visibility and program activities.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the direct manager..
Qualifications and experience
- A university degree in health, project management or related field.
- Minimum 7 years work experience with NGOs or UN in Medical projects &medical management or any related field.
- PMP Certificate (Preferred).
- Excellent command of both Arabic and English (writing and speaking).
Proficient in MS Office (Word – Excel – Power point – Arabic & English Typing – emails).
Skills and qualities:
- Ability to work under pressure with a high level of personal organization and flexibility
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Proactive, hardworking and discreet
Please send your CV to the e-mail:
Write the job title in the subject of the e-mail
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.