Ended Hygiene Promotion Officer
Hygiene Promotion Officer - (210002ES)
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the position of
Hygiene Promotion Officer - Aden, Lahj and Al Dalea’a
Under the supervision of WASH Coordinator, the Hygiene Promotion Officer will be responsible to designing and leading the hygiene promotion and mobilization activities. The position holder ensures positive engagement of SCI’s stakeholders, beneficiaries and local communities to ensure transparency, participation and full understanding of the hygiene promotion and WASH field activities. The HPO also conducts awareness sessions.
He/She will participate in emergency preparedness activities and be ready to respond in the event of an emergency, as required.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Design, Plan and implementation of WASH software activities.
• Help in sensitizing beneficiaries about various aspects, requirements and information needed to ensure participation in the project’s activities.
• Responsible of selecting HP community volunteers according to the criteria discussed with WASH Coordinator.
• Follow up community volunteers conducting awareness sessions on hygiene key messages.
• Regarding hygiene promotion activities, collect flat documents at field level.
• Carry out monitoring and evaluation of project activities as agreed in a monitoring and evaluation framework.
• Working as facilitator to the awareness sessions.
• Conduct Focus Group Discussions, assessments and questionnaires to ensure community’s feedbacks.
• Daily follow up visits to ensure practice of hygiene promotion.
• Collection, consolidation and reporting of weekly hygiene data, necessary for the consolidation of standard project and strategic indicators (number of beneficiaries, number and type of activity performed).
• Support the WASH coordinator in regular update of WASH achievements in IMPACT (Information Management Platfor) and activity info website.
• Lead in community mobilization process and in establishing clean-up committee.
• Assist in validation of beneficiaries lists.
• Ensure good archiving and documentation of HP activities.
• Ensure distribution of hygiene kits and document good practices.
• Assist the WASH Engineers in determine the needs of the targeted communities.
• Regular reporting to WASH Coordinator.
• Any other tasks assigned to him/her by the WASH Coordinator.
• Coordinate WASH activities with other local actors (governmental and non-governmental). Build strong relationship with local and government partners.
• Conduct the required trainings for CHV and health workers.
Emergency Preparedness and Response
• Actively participate in the Country Office’s emergency preparedness and planning processes with regard to hygiene promotion within the WASH program.
• In case of emergency, be prepared to contribute to the delivery of an appropriate and timely response to WASH needs.
• Deliver results in line with the current proposals and Save the Children’s strategy
• Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
• Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
• Perform such other responsibilities as agreed with line management
COMPETENCIES FOR THIS ROLE:
• holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• willing to take disciplined risks.
• honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Education to BA level in Social Sciences, Public Health, any related subject, or equivalent field experience in Hygiene promotion / WASH sector in a humanitarian or development context.
• Minimum 3 years of working experience, of which 2 years of working in WASH related humanitarian programmes with special focus on Hygiene promotion issues.
• Commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
• Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
• Commitment to capacity building and developing others
• Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
• Excellent communication skills
• A high level of written and spoken English and Arabic
• The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
• Commitment to the aims and principles of SCI. In particular, a good understanding of the SCI mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
• Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts
• Humanitarian programming experience
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in YemeAll applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Apr 22, 2021
To apply, use the following link: