Ended Mobile Team - Medical Doctor
JOB TITLE : Mobile team - Medical Doctor
LOCATION : Al Madaribah district, Lahj governorate
REPORTING TO: Health and Nutrition Officer
Provide health and nutrition services (IMCI, OPD and NCD), act as team leader and oversee reporting
To improve access to essential health and nutrition services to displaced population and acutely vulnerable communities in Yemen, with focus on Lahj governorate
INTERNAL: Health and Nutrition Officer, Project Manager, Project Officers, Project Assistants
EXTERNAL: Community leaders, IDP and host community families, Community Health Volunteers, and DHO
- Uphold the humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence
- Respect the Medair values at all times, both within and outside of working hours
- Know, understand, and comply with Medair internal policies and procedures
- Follow the Medair Security Plan and other relates policies and SOPs
- Adhere to Medair Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) handbook and regulations
- Respect the patient’s privacy and confidentiality
- Liaise and coordinate the locations of the mobile team with local authorities and communities
- Clinical examination of all patients with signs of complicated pathologies or presenting complication or referrals from the MA/nurse
- Follow national guidelines for OPD, IMCI and NCD (PEN tool)
- Fill required paperwork for IMCI consultations of children under 5
- Prescribe routine and basic treatments according the protocol in respecting the drug dosage based on the weight of the patient
- Provide health and nutrition education to patients to promote healthy behaviours and lifestyle change
- Follow-up of the severe and complicated cases, and emergency cases
- Send weekly pictures of the register to the Medair office and fill monthly reports according to requirements of OPD, IMCI and NCD treatment
- In case of any suspected communicable diseases diagnosed according to case definition, inform DHO immediately
- Fill and report any communicable diseases to the RRT and to Medair
- Liaise with Al Shat hospital and the ambulance if patients need referral to higher level
- Work in collaboration with the team to ensure quality medical care
- Assure that every team member has all supplies with them at any time
- Keep hygiene rules at any time, wash your hands after each patient and use alcohol hand rub, wear a face mask during all consultations
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Bachelor’s degree of General Medicine
NCD and IMCI training
2+ years of relevant work experience (minimum of 1 years in humanitarian situations)
Experience in working as part of a mobile team
Working experience with an NGO
Position will be based in the Al Madaribah district.
Regular working hours will be 08:00 to 16:30 with 30 minutes for lunch but may require flexibility as the work dictates.
According to Medair standard salary scale
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed Term Contract
PLANNED START DATE: June 2021
TRAINING: As required
DURATION OF COMMITMENT: 6 Month
If you believe that you have the qualifications and skills, please send a one-page cover letter and a CV in English as well as relevant diploma and other certificates by email to email@example.com no later than 1st May 2021 OR hand in your application to DHO of Al Madaribah.
The subject of the email should be heading: Mobile team Medical Doctor and your full name
Only applications respecting these criteria will be considered. Do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements or you will not be considered.
This position is open for men and women, including persons living with disabilities.
We reserve the right to close the recruitment before the date indicated.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted