Ended WASH Assistant (2)
Position: WASH Assistant (2)
Reports to: WASH Technical Officer
Duration: Till August 31, 2021, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Under the supervision of the WASH Technical Officer, the WASH Assistant will be responsible for preparing the required drawings and designs for rehabilitation of water points and assisting in the supervision of the project implementation.
The WASH Assistant will be responsible but not limited to:
- Assist in developing detailed bill of quantities (BOQ) and drawings for the construction/rehabilitation works required in the targeted water sources.
- Supervise the construction/rehabilitation process, ensuring completion within timelines and accordance with approved BOQs.
- Verify incoming materials are of the highest quality.
- Certify achievement of contractual milestones and provide reports to the WASH Technical Officer to proceed with contractors' payments.
- Assist in ensuring that the hygiene promotion activities are made based on the quality standards established by ADRA through quality checklists
- Ensure Contractors are compliant with ADRA and donor polices safety and security protocols on all constructed /rehabilitated sites.
- Under the supervision of the Technical Officer, participate in the training of volunteers who will train all relevant beneficiaries (Communities committees, daily laborer's and beneficiaries) to ensure safe and appropriate use of facilities installed.
- With support from the WASH Technical Officer, develop, implement and monitor monthly activity plans to achieve expected results.
- Support in data entry, documentation, and the preparation of documents.
- Any other relevant tasks requested by the WASH Technical Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A university degree in civil engineering or related field.
- One year- technical experience in the sector of WASH projects.
- Strong Community Mobilization skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, work efficiently under pressure and in changing circumstances.
- Preferred to be from the same governorate
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles, our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Sunday April 18, 2021
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.