Ended Head of Office
Position: Head of office
Vacancy Reference Number: HOD-DMR/21
PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
Emergency unit closely works with country program team in identifying, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating food assistance programme in collaboration with local, national and international partners.
Emergency food assistance unit, assists up the vulnerable affected populations in disasters such as droughts and floods, in response to the conflict. It provides beneficiaries with general food assistance or cash or food vouchers in coordination with private sectors supply chain network.
The Head of Office will oversee all humanitarian actions in Dhamar and in collaboration with all the relevant staff under his/her supervision design/participate in proposal development of new projects based on the existing gaps in the area as well as administrative responsibilities in the field office.
- Supervise the budgetary, financial and administrative functions of the Dhamar office in accordance with the IRY and donors’ regulations and procedures.
- Recruitment, supervise and capacity-building of local staff.
- Ensure smooth, transparent and effective financial transactions and payments related to his jurisdiction.
- Supervise and manage contracts of the buildings / vehicle / warehouses etc in his/her program area with approval of the country office.
- Provide support, in close collaboration with sector leads, to program staff and beneficiaries utilizing support sectors for timely delivery of service.
- Facilitate timely submission of all the required reports (donor and internal reports) and documentation to the concerned sector leads and to his/her line supervisor.
- Maintained a close liaison with local authorities for smooth implementation of project.
- Represent IRY in sub cluster forums, local authorities, community leaders, Government authorities, line ministries, national and international organizations, NGOs, voluntary agencies in the governorate to promote positive image of IRY
- Identify, develop, manage and implement new projects / programme opportunities and activities, in cooperation with relevant stakeholders
- Join programme staff in undertaking appropriate need assessments, identify gaps and collaborate with sector specific staff in designing new integrated interventions as appropriate to address the identified need.
- Conduct weekly meeting with all program staff to discuss the achievements, lessons learnt, operational challenges/constraints and finding timely viable solution for smooth projects’ implementation.
- Support sector coordinators in timely implementation of projects (OCW, Nutrition, livelihood, food security and wash projects)
- Submit regular reports to Sana’a office as required – about progress, performance and challenges being faced.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the line supervisor (HOP).
- University degree in social sciences or equivalent
- A minimum of five years' experience of working with an international NGO.
- Commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the learning and development of staff
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
- Professional knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint…etc.)
- Excellent reporting skill.
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel among different districts
- Very good organizational skills, self-motivated and efficient, with willingness to pay attention to details
C) WORKING CONDITIONS AND LEVEL OF TRAVEL REQUIRED
This position is based in Dhamar and will require travel to Sana’a and other districts as per the need
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to Click Here
- All applications must include the vacancy reference number in the Reference No. Applications without the correct reference number will not be considered.
- Qualified Females are strongly encouraged to apply
- Only Short –listed candidates will be contacted.