Ended Hotline Clerk
Solidarités International seeks to recruit: Hotline Clerk
Location of position: Aden
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI’s mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen in 2017 and it has an operational base in Al Turbah with a sub-office in Taiz City. The mission currently consists of an emergency and post-emergency program with a WASH-focused approach in the districts of the West coast, Taiz, Hudaydah and Aldhalea governorates.
The position will be based in Al Aden.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Hotline Clerk is in charge of the proper functioning of the Hotline in accordance with humanitarian and protection principles and the organization’s dedicated policies.
List of main tasks:
- Ensure the telephone permanence in the schedules planned for this purpose.
Database management and reporting
- Record calls in the database dedicated to this purpose, ensuring that all necessary information is provided.
- Analyze and categorize calls according to the complaint classification grid.
- Ensure weekly reporting to his/her direct manager.
- Ensure that the database is properly maintained, in compliance with the principles of confidentiality and the data protection policy.
- Participate in the improvement of the complaint management database by providing relevant feedback to his/her direct manager.
Responses to callers:
- Ensure that all callers receive a response within the timeframe set by the dedicated SOP.
- Respond to callers in accordance with humanitarian, protection and confidentiality principles.
- Establish a professional and trusting relationship with callers, based on psychological first aid and active listening.
- Provide information about Solidarites International and the Feedback & complaints response mechanism to callers.
- Be familiar with the referral scheme and matrix and propose the necessary referencing to his/her direct manager for validation.
- Participate in program meetings.
- Ensure smooth and proactive communication with the program teams to be aware of ongoing projects and activities.
- Ensure fluid and proactive communication with the Accountability and Protection team to ensure effective coordination between the Hotline and other entry points to the Feedback & Complaint Response mechanism.
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: MEAL Manager / Deputy MEAL Manager – Accountability & Protection
Line report(s) on base: -
Functional manager: -
Functional report(s): - Accountability Officers at the bases.
NB: The above list is neither exhaustive nor restrictive, the employee may be required to perform other tasks in the course of his duties, at the request of his superiors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, or related discipline
- At least 1 years’ experience in managing complaint and feedbacks, data management. ideally in the humanitarian sector
- Languages: Fully fluent in written and spoken Arabic and English
- Comfortable working with datasets, analysis and written reports
- Ability to communicate clearly with accountability team at the bases.
- Excellent knowledge of Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook) and mobile data collection tools (Kobo) is a must. GIS software a plus.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel regularly to the field.
Please submit your application (ID, CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: email@example.com
NB: Title of the related position must be written on your application.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension.
Final date for applications: 24th of April 2021.
Solidarités International is an equal opportunity employer. The organization shall not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in advertisements for employment, recruitment and other conditions of employment, preventing discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Adhering to Solidarités International means to comply with our Charter, Code of Conduct, Whistleblowing Policy & PSEA Policy.
Within Solidarités International Yemen female applications are very encouraged.