Ended WPE / Women’s Wellbeing (WWB) Assistant
Job Title: WPE / Women’s Wellbeing (WWB) Assistant.
Band/ Level / Grade: 9A
Location: AL-Hodeida - (Az Zaydiah (Al-Orish) – bait Alfakih - Al-Marwaha or other districts based on requirement).
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of Work:
Under the supervision of IRC Yemen WWB Response Officer and based in Hodeida the WWB assistant will be responsible for providing quality psychosocial support services to the women and girls and work in collaboration with the health system to provide holistic care to the clients.
In this job, the WWB assistant will be working directly with WWB teams in Hodeida WGSS.
In collaboration and under the direction supervision of WWB Response Officer, the WWB assistant will:
- Provide individualized, age appropriate comprehensive case management using IRC WWB standards and in line with the Guiding Principles (Respect, Safety, Non-discrimination).
- Assist the Response Officer in crafting a welcoming environment at the Women and Girls Safe spaces (WGSS) and implement activities in the WGSS to provide appropriate PSS activities in a safe area to communities on a weekly basis.
- Provide accurate information on the referral pathway.
- Use the survivor centered approach and help empower people seeking assistance.
- Ensure how the referral pathway is working and advocate in the field for improved referral systems as needed.
- Coordinate a positive referral pathway with other actors.
- Inform the Response Officer of needed supplies in the WGSS or on the mobile team.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor Degree or diploma in Social Work, Psychology, or other related area.
- Preferred minimum one year experience in implementing social work or case management activities.
- Proven ability in case management or social work
- Excellent knowledge of the working environment
- Personal qualities: Compassionate, Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Computer literacy is desirable.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills, including computer skills
Based 100% in Hodeida WGSS .
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
Deadline for Applying: April 27, 2021. System will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M. of April 27, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.