Ended WPE/WWB Community Mobilizer
Job Title: WPE/WWB Community Mobilizer.
Band/ Level / Grade: 9A
Location: AL Hodeida (Az Zaydiah(Al-Orish) - Bait alfaqih -ALMarawah or other districts based on requirement).
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of Work:
Under the supervision and collaboration with the WWB Response Officer, the WWB community mobilizer will be responsible for implementing and managing all prevention and risk mitigation activities which includes community awareness and education strategies and approaches to increase safety of target communities and women and girls who are at risk.
- Conduct information and awareness sessions in the community to disseminate information about available services.
- Identify and assess new communities to be engaged in WWB activities.
- Maintain regular contact with community focal points and community outreach volunteers to ensure a constant flow of information and feedback.
- Gather feedback at the community level regarding WWB service provision and share information with the WWB Response Officer.
- Identify and engage key “gatekeepers” within the community to ensure access of WWB teams and promote participation of the community in activities.
- In close collaboration with community volunteers conduct regular safety assessments to identify key risks faced by women and girls within their community, developing advocacy messages and strategies to address and/or mitigate risks faced by women and girls.
- Facilitate referral of identified needs to humanitarian organizations and other service providers, ensuring follow up and feedback to the community.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Psychology, Social Work or other related area.
- Minimum one-year experience in prevention or risk reduction activities.
- Proven ability in community mobilization.
- Excellent knowledge of the working environment
Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes (collaboration)
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Deep understanding of women’s protection and empowerment in the context of Yemen.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills.
Based in Al Hodeida with 100% based in field.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
Deadline for Applying: April 27, 2021. System will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M. of April 27, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.