Ended Women’s Wellbeing (WWB) Manager
Job Title: Women’s Wellbeing (WWB) Manager
Band/ Level / Grade: 7B
Location: AL Hodeida Governorates
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of Work:
Under the direct supervision of the WWB Coordinator and based in Alhodeida, the WWB Manager position will be responsible for the overall management, supervision, implementation, technical mentorship, and quality of a robust WWB prevention and response team of over 14 staff in different districts across Alhodieda governorates. The IRC is committed to gender equality.
Technical Quality and Grant Management:
- Provide technical and management leadership to the WWB program in AlHodeida and implement a capacity building plan for relevant project staff.
- Provide on-going training, coaching and mentoring to the team and partners to ensure quality of WWB service delivery and all other program activities.
- Implement monitoring & evaluation systems to demonstrate impact and inform ongoing program design
- Manage related grants; develop and maintain work, spending and procurement plans for multiple projects.
- Prepare internal and external reports within agreed deadlines using IRC and donor formats.
- Manage the relevant project budget; oversee budget expenditures and ensure they are allowable and allocable; monitor monthly Budget vs. Actual and expenditure sheets.
- In coordination with the WWB Coordinator, participate in the development of proposals and concept notes for expanding IRC’s WWB portfolio.
Recruitment and team management
- Recruit, train, and orient national staff in conjunction with Human Resources Department
- Ensure Performance Management System documentation is in place and followed up regularly.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with local and international partners
- Adapt and facilitate trainings for partners to ensure effective and safe coordination of service provision
- Advocate with peer agencies, government, and other partners to promote delivery of inclusive and high quality response services.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
Education & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in gender studies, health, social work or other related discipline.
- In-depth understanding of the root causes of GBV, related international standards, and GBV prevention and response strategies.
- Familiarity with WHO(CMR) guidelines or IRC (CCSAS) guidelines is an advantage
- 2-3 years professional experience in providing services to women and girls, preferably including case management, psychosocial support, women’s economic empowerment, or GBV response
- At least one year of experience mentoring and supervising a team providing direct services to clients /or working at the community level
- Demonstrated experience in starting-up new programming and facilitating trainings.
- Experience in working collaboratively and/or advocating with other sectors and teams to prioritize needs of women and girls
Skills & abilities
- Good interpersonal and team building skills and knowledge of participatory approaches.
- English skills needed: Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Self-motivated, transparent, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Flexibility, adaptability, culturally sensitivity, sense of humor
Based in Alhodeida with up to 80% travel to different locations across the governorate.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
Deadline for Applying: April 27, 2021. System will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M. of April 27, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.