Ended Recruitment and Mobility Officer
Job Title: Recruitment and Mobility Officer
Band / Level / Grade: Functional Support 8B
Department: Human Resources
Location: Aden with travel to the field offices
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees required to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC's Programs have been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. IRC operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
This role will manage filling positions that vary from short-term, emergency response, and full-time needs to meet demands of donors and programs in the Yemen Country Program. This individual will lead pro-active sourcing, advertising, screening, interviewing, reference checking and final discussions for open positions. S/he will also initiate and implement recruitment strategies to increase the IRC’s talent pool and pipelines, and will provide input to ensure the IRC has diverse global talent that performs at a high level responding to the changing needs of the organization. S/he will implement standard methodologies practices” that ensure the timely selection of top talent, and will recruit for talent that will support IRC’s organizational culture, while supporting to IRC’s position as an employer of choice
- Under the supervision of The Senior Mobility and Recruitment Officer, respond to recruitment position requests, be proficient in IRC Global HR Recruitment Policies, and provide weekly, monthly and quarterly Recruitment metrics as required.
- Coordinate full-cycle recruitment process and directly recruit positions; develop candidate rosters, employ traditional sourcing strategies, actively network and employ innovative, creative recruiting methods to hire the best talent.
- Ensure all Minimum Standards are carried-out in adherence to the policy; study and become proficient in any local labor laws impacting recruitment.
- Build and maintain a collaborative relationship with key global partners internally and externally including country program HR staff and recruiters, Partners, Universities, peer agencies, and private sector.
- Maintain all documentation pertaining to Recruitment, including leading weekly recruitment metrics. Coordination with IRC's Offices on sending documentation on a regular basis.
- Promote IRC brand as an employer of choice in the region, with a focus on creating awareness for IRC’s response.
- Expand the capacity of hiring managers and new HR or Recruitment staff to identify talent via improved interview skills & ability to specify critical needs.
- Build and implement strategies to maintain internal and external pipeline and roster of talent across all key areas and region.
- Any Recruitment relevant tasks.
- 2-3 years of proven experience with Recruitment/Recruiting required; experience in an international NGO context desired.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to maintain and improve recruitment strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as interpersonal skills are vital.
- Confirmed sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to handle situations respectfully and to effective resolution.
- Very strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
- Respectful and strong intensity in establishing positive working relationships with employees and all other partners to improve collaboration and efficiency.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic is required.
- Well oriented and paying attention to details.
- Work under minimum level of supervision.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Professionalism and work ethic.
- Receptive and Resilient.
- Efficient Time Management practice.
- Positive Interpersonal interactions.
Working Environment: The position will be based in Aden with travel to IRC's offices.
The IRC and IRC workers must enforce to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and carries out policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
Deadline for Applying: April 27, 2021. System will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M. of April 27, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.