Ended Nursing Team Supervisor
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the following position:
NURSING TEAM SUPERVISOR
Location: Aden Al-Ghamouria Hospital
Contract type: Temporary contract
Reporting to: Nursing Activity Manager (HeadNurse)
Key of responsibilities:
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to nursing i.e. perform as a nurse, whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures, and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her speciality.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for (COVID, IPC, PPE) training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Carry out and/or supervise the ( decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.) in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring that cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome and support decision-taking.
- Give feedback/ reports to medical focal point.
- Respect the different flows in the COVID units for patient, staff, waste... Respect all IPC and PPE measurements in place.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Language: Arabic and English
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in supervising, experience with MSF or another NGO is desirable
- ICU experience mandatory
- Must ensure efficient, fast past and high quality work with autonomy. Detailed oriented
- Nurse diploma
Applications must be in English language. Candidates MUST submit a Cover Letter and CV. Short listed candidates will be asked to provide original copies of diplomas, copies of relevant training and work certificates, and any recommendations from previous employers to the following:
Deadline for application: 17th March 2021
Application to be sent to email@example.com
mentioning ‘Nursing Team Supervisor’ in the title
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered. Any documents sent to MSF (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned by MSF.