Ended Liaison Assistant
Job Title: Liaison Assistant
Base: Aden Yemen
Report to: HoM
Created in 1991, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) for emergency relief and development. Secours Islamique France acts in strict neutrality, without distinction of origin, gender or religion and is dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest populations in the world.
Secours Islamique France is looking for a Liaison Assistant M / F for our Aden Field Office.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
The Liaison Assistant carries out administrative duties related to obtaining administrative and legal documents for SIF activities implementation in all its areas of intervention, and maintains good working relations with the various local administrative bodies.
He/She will draft external reports asked by local authorities.
He/She will also participate to the security monitoring and support directly the Security in developing/strengthening the network of security focal points at Aden Governorate level.
He/She will be required to support in translation English/Arabic/English of official and non-official documentation.
TASK AND RESPOSIBLITIES
- Represent the association to local administrative bodies:
- Follow-up on the regulation required at government level related to INGO work in Yemen.
- Clarification for instance what approvals you need to open a base, registration renewal, run a project, etc. or support (Legal HR, Finance, legal)
- Follow-up at coordination level on the Principal and Sub-Agreement signature status for all projects implemented in Yemen.
- Keep up-to-date of changes to administrative procedure pertaining to obtaining documents (for visas, contracts, registration, supporting HR aspects.
- Establish or reinforce relations with administrative bodies.
- Meet with representatives from the various administrative bodies as often as needed to obtain documents or resolve related issues.
- Security monitoring
- Update the master contact list on a regular basis and provide the additional information required
- Maintain contact with the dedicated security focal points at Aden Governorate level.
- Support on the mapping of the security areas to be assessed/followed-up on and participate to the overall security assessment planning.
- Participate in the strengthening of the security network.
- Translation and drafting report; Undertake the task of translating official documents, provide simultaneous interpretation during meetings. (Help with translation during the meetings), draft external reports respecting provided guidelines in Arabic and in English.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS / QUALIFICATION
Degree in Administration and/or Law is required;
Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant professional experience Previous in a similar position (either Liaison Officer or Security Focal Point) in an INGO desired; Hands-on experience in report writing, analytical pieces desirable; Knowledge of Yemeni public administration systems and legislation; Sound Knowledge of MS Office (word, excel, PowerPoint) is required; Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure
Previous experience in translation, an asset.
Fluency in Arabic and working knowledge (written and oral) of English is a requirement.
Position will be based at the SIF Office in Aden with field trips outside the town as maybe necessary.
SIF expects the position holder to have the following personal qualities: moral integrity and high ethical standards, team spirit, patient, well-organized, flexible, open minded, sociable, highly motivated.
Working hours will be 08:00AM to 4:30PM with 30 minutes break for lunch.
SALARY: According to SIF salary scale
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed Term Contract
PLANNED START DATE: ASAP 2021
Qualified and interested candidates, please send a Cover-letter, CV with photo in English included Certificates and References by email to: email@example.com
The subject of the email should be: “Liaison Assistant” and your full name.